Millions of adults across North America need orthodontic cosmetic dentistry services, but often they don't get the work done for various reasons. Undoubtedly, this is because most want to avoid wearing braces as adults.
What if we told you there was a better option? A way to get your teeth fixed - leading to better oral health for the rest of your life - without any of the major problems associated with braces?
Let's talk about Invisalign.
What Is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a newer way to go about orthodontic correction. Rather than having pieces of metal glued to your teeth, Invisalign works as a series of clear plastic retainer-style trays. Each set of Invisalign trays are custom molded to fit your teeth while encouraging them to shift just a little bit in the right direction.
Then, after approximately one to two weeks, the tray is discarded and you get a new set, that shift your teeth just a little more. And so on. After a few months of this, your teeth are better aligned.
What Are the Benefits of Invisalign to Cosmetic Dentistry?
There are so many reasons Invisalign can be a benefit compared to traditional braces:
- No embarrassment. True to its name, Invisalign is almost totally invisible to outside viewers. People won't even know you're wearing the trays.
- Less pain. Invisalign is far less painful than regular braces, and with no sharp metal, bits to poke soft parts of your mouth. At worst, there's just a slight dull ache.
- No lifestyle changes. Invisalign trays are removable! Whenever you're eating, brushing your teeth, or doing anything else where the tray would get in the way, just take it out. Then put it back when you're done.
- No dietary changes. Again, since you can remove the tray whenever you need, that means you can eat anything you want. There are none of the dietary restrictions associated with braces.
- Faster results. While individual results may vary, in general, Invisalign produces results more quickly than regular braces.
Note: this depends on the wearer keeping the trays in their mouth whenever possible. They're intended to be worn around-the-clock, even while sleeping.
Boardwalk Dental Care Has Modern Cosmetic Dentistry Solutions
If you need dental correction, you have more options today than ever before! Click here to schedule a consultation with Boardwalk Dental Care.